Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Colors

Fall is showing its true colors here this week. My trees are blazing with every color possible and I am enjoying the view... at least while it lasts. It won't be long now. The first frost was last Friday and we awoke to this:

Those shingles on the roof of the shed are supposed to be charcoal grey, not white, people! Grass should be green... any other color is just plain wrong! I would have taken photos of the van but there was no time before the school bell... finding the scraper took enough time. The color of the shed itself is now correct, since I spent hours scrubbing off the green slime that had accumulated on the siding...and the north side of the house...and the white vinyl fence. My house is now all shiny and clean. Of course, after hours and hours of scrubbing and several bottles of non-toxic cleaner, using a little brush that you'd use on dishes, my friend Tom was kind enough to share his method... according to Tom, you spray on some kind of spray, then go have a sandwich for lunch. Come back out and wipe it down with a long handled brush. Go lie down and have a nap. Then come out and spray it with a hose and you are done. I think I like Tom's method better than mine, but at least it is done. Just in time for winter... {sigh}

No comments: